Sunday, July 8, 2012

Self Reflection Sunday; Bragging

Hi everyone, it's been a while since my last post and even longer since I've done a Self Reflection Sunday post.

Warning: I talk about my faith in God.

I've been thinking a lot about bragging or what some would consider bragging. Lately, I've not been wanting to share my blessings. What, I mean is the wonderful favor God has cast upon me. 2011 and 2012 have been the best seasons of my life. I was able to quit my job, go to school, travel to NYC with the only best friend I have, I created Funky Nails, I'm traveling again to NYC this fall or winter, I'm planning an international trip for next year, I'm looking into buying equipment for Funky Nails, I graduated with honors, made the Dean's List, I'm going to start a Non-Profit Organization in the future. I actually felt bad for all He's given me and I shouldn't, so, I'm not going to anymore. I'm in no way bragging, no, not all. What I'm saying is, we should never be embarrassed about the wonderful gifts God has given us. We don't honor God by hiding the grace and favor he casts on us. I'm not saying to go around boastful or high minded. No, be humble about it give thanks to God for his grace and favor. If you read Genesis 1, even, God, Himself, when creating the heavens and earth said, "...and it was good." So, let's never feel bad about the wonderful things we have and what we've accomplished. Instead, pay it forward!

Have a great day :D

No comments:

Post a Comment