Saturday, July 21, 2012

Old Fatigues vs New Fatigues

Hi everyone, I hope y'all's weekend is off to a great start! Yesterday, I attended my very first DCI competition. I had so much fun! Ok, it was outside and it was HOT, HOT, HOT, but other than it was awesome. Today, we're going to a watermelon festival. I've haven't been to one of those either. I can't wait! I hope you all have some awesome plans too :D

Ok, today I have a comparison of Fatigues. So, the other day I was going to use Fatigues but noticed bleeding and curling. I was like, "AARRGG!" The glitter I used was a pre mixed glitter with shard like glitter in it as well. That was what I loved about that glitter. So, yeah I was a lot disappointed that it was this glitter that bleed. I've since remixed it adding a gold shimmer to the clear base. I didn't add to much because I didn't want to change the base color, just add a little shimmer to it. I must say it turned out pretty dang awesome! Ok, on to the pics.

The bottle on the left is a clear base and the bottle on the right is a dark and murky base, no bueno.

                                                   

Same here, upper finger you can clearly see the base color and the bottom finger it's darker and changes the base color.

Before I decided to start with my Every Woman Collection, I created several jellies, but it seemed everyone had the same color ideas, so I put these on the back burner. I do have plans for these in the future though. This red was actually the color I was going to use as Vibrant but decided not to. I'm going to darken it up for the next collection I use this for. Which may not come out until Easter, I know a long time away.





2 comments: