Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Hi everyone! I hope the start of your week has been great! 

You all know October is Breast Cancer Awareness. Susan from The Subtle Shimmer created Polish Us Pink - Polish Us Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness. I paticipated last year and decided to participate again this year. 


For those who don't know. My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer two years ago. It was one of the hardest things to watch my mom go through. Through it all my mom never once wavered. She is the strongest, bravest, most courageous woman I know. Mom, I love you! 

Then, Thanksgiving Day I found a lump in my breast. It turned out to be benign, thank God. I cannot stress enough the importance of self exams and yearly mammograms. 

I don't want this post to be a pity party. So, to liven it up I'm going to talk about about a reality show I discovered last year. Double Divas. Talk about hilarious! This is two best friends Molly and Cynthia owners of LiviRae Lingerie in Atanta Georgia. The name and TV logo reeled me in. I'm a REALLY big busted person and for years I was in the wrong bra size. Bra shopping was a nightmare!  I absolutely hated it! So, of course a show about having fun while getting an expert bra fitting interested me. Not only are these two women funny, they care. They've oranized a fund raiser for a lady that needed assistance with her medical bills due to breast cancer. They custom create bras for everyone. From biggest of the big to the smallest of the small, even for a goat. Hehe! They truly understand and care that we women want to look good and feel sexy about ourselves. The lengths they through to help is extrordinary. They are true innovators and think outside the box. Kudos to these ladies. Plus, they're crazy as all get out! You'll laugh, you'll be shocked, and you may shed a tear or two. Check it out on Lifetime Tuesdays at 9:00 CST. 

So, today's mani is Exhilarating from my Every Woman Collection. This is the original. I'm remixing this to be more shimmery bubble gum pink. Susan, we're twinsies! Ok, maybe not as your a day ahead and may have a different mani. Hehe! 




No comments:

Post a Comment